Wednesday 19 August 2009

road trip!

I have a weeks holiday the first week of September and I've been racking my brains trying to decide what to do with it. As always, my plans flitted between a last minute jaunt to Paris, going to London, seeing Magnolia Electric Co. in Leeds but finally, over a few large glasses of red wine on Monday evening, in the company of a good friend, my decision has been made .
I will be accompanying 3 friends on a road trip! They're off round the country for 11 days of filming for a documentary they're making for an art project;
..."interviewing many artist-led galleries, arts initiatives and collectives that England, Scotland and Wales have to offer; learning about the practices and activities that have determined and defined each group’s developments.. ."
We're starting off in Scotland (Dundee and Edinburgh) then on to North Tyneside, Leeds, Cumbria, Blackpool, Liverpool and Manchester, which is where I think I will head back to Notts as they continue on to other far corners of the UK. I feel honoured to have been invited and make it my mission to fullfil my role of sandwich maker for the journey up there, to the best of my abilities. Here's to long car journeys, beautiful scenery and good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment